If your current position ended tomorrow, how long could you afford to keep the lights on? For many who work in protection, there seems to be a fine line between leading a lavish lifestyle and financial ruin. This is partly due to the nature of the work. Long hours, the required level of dedication, short notice deployments… etc. Not only that but working in a capacity where if your physical health is compromised it means you cannot work and therefore cannot earn is incredibly stressful. One of the ways I see to positively affect this is by creating multiple revenue streams. Especially if those additional revenue streams don’t require the need for your physical presence, as this would ultimately become a conflict with your primary source of income generation. I’d like to get a conversation going on this subject to share thoughts and ideas on creating financial security while working in protection. Let’s start with an anonymous poll to get a picture of where we’re at as a community. What best describes your situation? A: My current position is my only revenue stream And I’m comfortable with that. B: I have savings to cover periods without earning. C: I already have one or more additional revenue streams. D: I’m interested in creating more revenue streams. #Poll #AsktheBBA #Financial

Posted by Jon (BBA Team) at 2021-11-02 14:12:19 UTC