Following on from Jon’s poll regarding relationships being a key factor in operational success. The poll currently ranks the Butler from private family staff as the most important for the protection team to build a relationship with. Whats everyones thoughts on this? Agree, disagree or is it job dependent? In my experience I would find this completely task dependent, all can be fantastic sources of information. If you are working with children then I would find the nanny a fantastic source of information, if you are new to a task a chauffeur would be a great source of info for regular haunts etc. I agree with @Jon (BBA Team)that you should strive to build relationships with any of your Principals staff, treat all with respect and act professionally. Some staff may have been there for many years and regardless of the role that they carry out the principal may well have grown a fondness for that member of staff and the loyalty they have shown. Of course there is a time and place for information and the types of information communicated so one must always remember what should remain private and confidential.

Posted by Shaun (BBA Team) at 2021-04-06 08:51:00 UTC